Accessible Website Testing
T-Base Communications offers web accessibility compliance testing services to ensure your website is accessible to all your visitors. We’ll help you ensure that your web communications are compliant with the international standard, WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility guidelines and existing legislation for people with disabilities such as U.S. Section 508, ADA and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
T-Base offers two distinct types of compliance testing: a full audit and a high-level compliance analysis. The one that best suits your needs will depend on the level of depth required and existing accessibility knowledge within your organization. Both types of testing include remediation support and a post-remediation re-audit.
High Level Website Compliance Analysis
If you are looking for a high-level review of your site in order to gauge the level of compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility guidelines, then T-Base’s Website Compliance Analysis would is a great place to start and includes the following:
- An executive summary
- An outline of the 12 Guidelines and 61 Success Criteria of WCAG 2.0, ranking by of pass or fail
- General observations on the level of the sites accessibility
- A professional opinion and recommendation to ensure continued accessibility
- A high-level explanation of one of the issues deemed imperative to remediate for each of the four WCAG 2.0 Principles
For a more comprehensive look at your web property holistically with actionable information, T-Base’s full web audit will provide a detailed review not only for web content managers, but also for executive and management teams. T-Base’s web audit includes all the deliverables in the High-Level Website Compliance Analysis - PLUS….
- A detailed explanation of what and where the issues are for each the 12 Guidelines and 61 Success Criteria of WCAG 2.0 using both manual and human tools
- A ranking of priorities along specific instructions on what needs to be done to address each issue with sample website code for remediation & with screenshots of the errors (where applicable)
- Overall web content accessibility best practices
- Information surrounding adaptive accessibility technology products used by people with disabilities in relation to your site’s design and recommendations on which products to use to ensure future accessibility.
- A one-on-one session with your developers on site or over the phone for remediation advice to answer questions on the audit
T-Base works directly with organizations to help them interpret audit findings and to support the development team tasked with remediation of deficiencies. We can work in conjunction with your in-house web development team or with your chosen 3rd party development organization. If required, T-Base can help you identify appropriate suppliers of development resources to address issues raised in the website audit. This can be as simple as a referral to one of our networks of qualified suppliers or direct support in the development of an RFP (assisting you in development of a scope of work).
Post Remediation Re-Audit
Following the remediation phase, T-Base will re-evaluate your website to ensure that all recommendations for full accessibility have been addressed. The T-Base compliance team will conduct a thorough re-audit/re-test, measuring all aspects of accessibility, usability and compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA, AODA, ADA and Section 508. A final compliance report is the key deliverable of this phase.