Accessible PDF and Office Documents
Duration: 4 hours
Audience: Content developers and IT managers
Location: Custom tailored group training delivered at your place of business
With emerging and existing legislative standards and guidelines, such as W3C WCAG 2.0 AA, AODA, the U.S. government’s Section 508, the Government of Canada's Standard On Web Accessibility and Adobe Acrobat PDF/UA, organisations’ publishers will have a comprehensive understanding of the process of turning a document into a sound and accessible document from beginning to end.
Our Accessible PDF and Office Documents Training is designed for content managers and staff who interact with blind, low vision, and print-disabled customers, and we will provide attendees with many techniques that can be applied right away to offer a more enriching experience and make content more accessible through software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more.
Specifically you will learn...
- Why PDF accessibility matters to everyone, not just those with disabilities
- The major disabilities and challenges: what they are and how users with disabilities interact with documents
- Assistive technologies we can typically use to mitigate these issues, including a demonstration of a screen reader
- Implementation of accessibility features from the start of the document design cycle in MS Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and CommonLook PDF
- Specific technologies and design techniques used to satisfy core PDF accessibility issues
By the end of our Accessible PDF and Office Documents Training, your staff will know many techniques that can be applied right away to make PDF content more accessible. Your organisation will have a comprehensive understanding of W3C WCAG 2.0 AA and how it pertains to legislation. Additionally you will take away a better understanding of those with disabilities and the challenges they face using the Web and software apps. By having a comprehensive understanding of Office documents and PDF accessibility you will be able to help your bottom-line, which can save money and time.
SIMPLIFYING ACCESSIBLE COMMUNICATIONS.TM | firstname.lastname@example.org